- Beautiful home, lovely grounds, excellent hosts who went above and beyond to ensure our stay was wonderful. So relaxing sitting by the lake with morning coffee, seeing and hearing birds, and watching fish jumping in the lake. A perfect quiet rural retreat not far from the Interstate, Schenectady, Albany. So glad we found this treasure to stay in when we come to visit family in the city. Looking forward to staying longer next time, in the Suite, taking a canoe out on the lake, and hiking the nature trails. Thank you Rick and Lorrie!
-Anita and Stan, Sioux Falls, SD
- We stayed there a couple of nights – close enough to Saratoga to get to the races without paying the outrageous rates close to the track. The hosts were wonderful people – very accommodating and gracious. Rooms were clean, well decorated and comfortable. Would not hesitate to book again if ever in the area.
–Mike and Mary, Holliston, MA
- If you’re looking for a place to stay in the Schenectady/Albany area, you don’t need to look any further. Great accommodations at a great price, Great Beds, Great Breakfasts and wonderful hosts! I hope to be back again and again. Thank you for another wonderful stay!
–Helen, Rutland, VT
- We had a wonderful vacation at the Mariaville B&B with our family. We had a very comfortable room and very good breakfasts while our older children stayed in the Carriage House – giving us peace and quiet. We look forward to our next stay.
–Tom & Janet, Albany, NY
- We stayed 3 nights to celebrate our 5th anniversary and our vacation was wonderful! The house was beautiful, as was the canoe trip on the lake! We cannot say enough great things about the wonderful hosts (Rick and Lorrie)! Thank you so much, we hope to make a few weekend trips over the winter! What a great getaway with great breakfast!! Oh, and don’t forget to check out the many local attractions! Thank you again!
–Aaron & Nicki, Albany, NY
- We came seeking a new experience and found it and much more: A great comfortable bed outstanding breakfast peace and quiet. Lorrie and Rick’s wonderful hosting along with Lorrie’s wonderful cooking made the stress just melt right off of us. We found our Holy Grail. If you want to know what that is about Stay with Rick an Lorrie and find out.
–Doug & Betsy, Baldwinsville, NY
- Mariaville B&B is one of NY’s best kept secrets! Rick and Lorrie are two of the nicest people you could meet. The inn is welcoming, warm and comfortable, graced with a genuine friendly vibe from Rick & Lorrie. I give it four stars!
–****Anonymous, Your Town, USA
- I highly recommend this B&B for anyone, but especially for those who want to relax. The antique style of the home, the easy-going neighborhood and the lake make you forget your troubles. Rick and Lorrie are very friendly hosts, and Lorrie makes a fantastic breakfast. My fiancée and I drove 13 hours to Mariaville and it was all worth it. I definitely hope to go back soon!
–Tyler & Grace, Chicago, IL
- This is a wonderful spot! The location is beautiful, the rooms charming, the breakfast delicious…but best of all, the hosts were friendly, genuine, accommodating…far and away the nicest couple in any bed and breakfast we’ve stayed in (and we’ve stayed in quite a few!) And, don’t pass up the hike in the woods to see the most amazing beaver dam we’ve ever seen!
–Doug and Liz DeFeo, Long Island, NY
- Always amazed at the places you find off the beaten track (highway). 3 nights in a cozy room looking out on the lake is just what the doctor ordered. We thoroughly enjoyed the accommodation, the location, and of course the hosts. Evenings by the fire or on the deck over the lake, either one is relaxing. If you wish for some exercise you could chase a pygmy goat.
- Mariaville Lake Bed & Breakfast is elegance at the lake (in any weather) and a destination in and of itself not just a stop-over while on a journey, which is how I discovered it. But if that is the only way a person will get there then my recommendation is to just go. The entire experience from the incredible hosts to the smallest of details, such as the soap, is worth the trip. Every detail is attended to and Lorrie too modest. The place is immaculately clean, the rooms one more beautiful than the next. The candlelight breakfasts are delicious and would probably keep some satiated until dinner unless the fresh air and the fun around the lake (i.e., canoeing, kayaking, walking and/or just lounging and reading) build an appetite. Then there is the Corner Grocery Store not even 100 yards from the B&B’s driveway entrance where a person can get everything they need except wine. If one doesn’t bring their own there is always a good wine store a few minutes drive down a beautiful country road. I heard there are also nice places to go and dine. Unfortunately I was only there for two days and I wanted to spend most of my time outside and by the lake, which was awesome. Being inside the B& B was just as awesome and I cannot wait to visit in the winter time. I was looking for a lovely, safe and peaceful lake setting without the crowds and expense of Lake Placid but not the rustic cabins (with lots of families) in the areas I needed to be on this trip. And I found much more in MLBB. If the universe is aligned you may even get to jam with Rick on the dejembes. The energy and vibe of the place is pure delight. There is a road, which is not heavily traveled except probably for an event at the Indian Lookout Country Club about a half mile up the road, between the property and the lake (there wasn’t any while I was there). But that was and is a non-issue for this discriminating traveler. Also up the road about a little over a half mile is a humongous beaver dam. The visit to it made me feel like I was in the middle of some National Geographical Nature show. But I live in New York City. Thank you Lorrie & Rick.
–Anonymous, New York City
- We had a delightful stay. A great location on the lake, the rooms and other parts of the house are beautiful. Clean, well appointed. A great way to spend some time and then “back to work!” Thanks folks, for a super B&B!
–Lee & Sheri, Clark Summit, PA
- We were looking for a nice quiet B&B close to Albany with a lot of charm and some nice innkeepers. We were very lucky to have found this place especially since I had left my GPS on ‘pedestrian’ mode (kept us off I88 and I90!) Lorrie and Rick are very personable and welcoming. Looking forward to our next opportunity to visit.
–Roger and Maureen, Stowe, VT
- We stayed at Mariaville B&B during a recent college reunion weekend. The lake setting was quite peaceful and the inn a lovely place to stay. Lorrie went out of her way to provide tasty breakfasts that took into account my wife’s gluten allergies. Rick had excellent recommendations for lunch and dinner spots. The beds are exceedingly comfortable. We highly recommend a visit.
–Allan & Molly, Washington, DC.